Working at Bank of Orrick
Bank of Orrick offers a great working environment. We offer an array of benefits to our full time employees and their dependents, including:
- medical insurance
- dental insurance
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- paid time off
- paid holidays
- 401k plan
Bank of Orrick is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Title: Payments Officer
Classification: Salaried, exempt
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Mission Woods, KS, In Person (Hybrid potential)
The Payments Officer will be instrumental in building, developing and monitoring innovative payments products in line with the bank’s vision. This position will help scale our rapidly expanding payments business in online payments, cards and the mobile money space.
• Build out unique, impactful and creative payments solutions across business lines.
• Develop strategies to achieve corporate initiatives related to payments (predominantly ACH and Card activities).
• Identify and assess revenue-oriented optimizations, new opportunities and key partnerships.
• Structure and solve business problems related to payments.
• Provide oversight, analysis and support, as requested, for interpretation of Nacha Rules.
• Ensure strategic and financial soundness for any recommendations.
• Work closely with management teams on strategic projects, bringing timely and useful insight and analytical support.
• Facilitates process of annual ACH audits and risk assessments for applicable areas.
• Guide the bank through the appropriate ACH/Nacha change management, keep a close watch on regulatory developments in the field of ACH, and act as a strong advocate and champion for the ACH program throughout the bank.
• Conduct payments market and client research to identify potential features or releases.
• Coordinate go-to-market strategies when launching a new payments products or features.
• Lead the implementation and adoption of all card programs across the bank. This includes the rollout of the credit or debit card programs to bank partners.
• Defining product / project requirements and relaying it to appropriate teams,
• Monitor product performance & progress, business KPIs while understanding the impact of changes.
• Plan, scope and assess the business value of new features or 3rd party integrations.
• Build and manage a payments team which includes all facets of payments knowledge and expertise.
• Work with various departments to promote process improvements and efficiencies through data use cases and automatization.
• Assist in development of reporting and dashboards for daily operational use and management reporting.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Must have AAP; APRP and NCP optional
• Experience in Product and Project Management specifically in the payments space
• Experience in working with mobile applications and monetization
• Open-minded, eager to learn, looking for challenges, self-driven and ambitious
• Flexibility to handle change and urgent issues
• Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities while meeting deadlines
• Ability to interact and develop good relationships with all levels of employees and outside vendors
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and be an effective team member
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- View computer monitors
- Use hands to type / handle / feel
- Reach with hands & arms
May be required:
- Lift up to 20 lbs.
Preferred Education and Experience
• At least 2 years of experience in the FinTech / Mobile Money / Payments space Experience
*Bank of Orrick is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.